Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Loss

Loss changes you. I had never experienced that feeling of being so changed until my father was killed, then a year later my brother died. Losing someone that close to you makes the world a different place. The desire to go on, obtain goals, and enjoy life goes away. I love this quote: Losing people you love affects you. It is buried inside of you and becomes this big, deep hole of ache. It doesn't magically go away. Yes you go on, you continue to function in life, focusing on the family you have left and your lost one's desire to make life good. That's what they would want. My dad and brother would want us to be happy, focus on our children, and laugh everyday. To my Dad: My Dad was my mirror, without him I can't see myself.

6 comments:

  1. I love the line "Losing someone makes the world a different place." It's so true. I'm watching my cousins go through this process right now with the loss of their mom, my aunt. They are moving on as they can, but I can see that they are different. They wear their sadness. Best wishes to you. May you find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This breaks my heart...because I also have felt that loss. I love your last line about having difficulty seeing yourself. You will begin to start seeing glimpses as you heal and keep writing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loss is such a challenge - it does completely change our perspective on the world. Writing (at least for me) helps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a strong lady with a great outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote, Dena. Thank you for showing me what a true strong and amazing person you are. I admire your strength to keep moving forward after such tough losses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not understand when people say "time heals all." Time does not heal the pain you feel, you just learn to accommodate. Your quote is much more real. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete